The mission of the Committee for Healthcare eStandards (CHeS) is to provide leadership to the healthcare industry by improving accuracy, efficiency, and safety through the application of standards in the healthcare supply chain.
The vision of CHeS is to accelerate the adoption, implementation and active usage of industry-wide data standards for improving efficiencies throughout the healthcare supply chain.
In support of the CHeS mission and vision, the Committee focuses on the following goals:
- Serve as one united GPO voice on matters of healthcare supply chain standards and process improvements.
- Provide an open and neutral forum for industry-wide collaborative approach for healthcare supply chain participants.
- Endorse GS1 Healthcare standards to help accelerate industry-wide deployment of the standards and associated processes throughout the healthcare supply chain.
- Develop and recommend best practices where industry-wide standards could improve efficiencies throughout the healthcare supply chain.
- Define and lead in the development of new standards where existing standards or their absence are not meeting industry needs.